Friday, April 4, 2008

Shock is all in your head!

If you've seen my collage that was posted on Monday, you'd notice that I'm 'partying' weird this time round.
The reason why I've decided to go with this theme is because I realised the word 'party' is so general. There's so many different ways to party. You can party like a rockstar, rave, dirty dance blah blah. So many different 'genres'. And I had a feeling that the girls will go with the sexy-teasing look for partying so I thought I'd take a different route and give a little bit of variety.

Only problem with my theme though, is there's NO WAY or no chance that we'll be able to find decent stuff here in our country. :S I think the market for stuff like this here is too small.
There is a whole slew of websites online that market stuff for people who are interested and they're all very nicely designed and very well-made. I'll be highlighting a few of my favourites in the next few weeks and if I happen to find something really great in shops, I'll be sure to post it up too :D

Anyway, this week, I've decided I'll talk abit about the few different things in my collage and if I find some stuff online, I'll just post it up :)

1. Corsets
I can't find anything ugly about the corset. People may not like the look but I like the way it clinches around the waist and really defines the figure. But, in this day and age, where it's not normal to have a 36" chest and a 20" waist, I suggest people go with the corsets that fit the waist and not those that make the waist fit it.
If any of you remember, one of the first few items I posted on this blog was a corset.. for our Valentine's theme.
2. Boots
I do realise that it's a common thing to associate 'boots' with this look. But lets face it, imagine walking out in full fetish gear and wearing sneakers.. or flip flops. It just looks wrong.
Really tall platform boots, high heeled boots, tons of buckles.. just make sure it looks as hell-ish as possible. And you're ready to kick some bum.
Hell-ish can also come in a non-boot form as shown in the collection of pictures below.
3. Top Hat
This isn't so common. Most girls like to wear a headband-ish lace-y thing rather than a top hat. I don't quite like the lacy headband. I think the top hat gives off a bigger impact.
And it so happens, that I'm very intrigued with the psychological meaning behind the character 'The Mad Hatter' from Alice in Wonderland. Which is another reason why I find the top hat interesting.4. Accesories
Aside from the seemingly 'compulsary' studded belts, chokers and arm bands there's a whole lot more things you can accesorise yourself with.
People tend to place the 'tiara' in the 'princess' look category, I've noticed. It will look princess-y if you wear it with a cinderella gown. I like to match the tiara with a really punked up goth-ish fetish outfit. Place it a little off-center on your head, as though it's been knocked off.
Fishnets are also a good for accesorising. Bored of the normal fishnet look? Rip it.
Besides studded chokers, if you're going for a true-blue Victorian 'goth' look (or whatever you wanna call it), you can try wearing chokers that are beaded or made out of fabric. That way, you won't look TOO rocker-ish. But I prefer the studded chokers.
I did find some nice stuff online but they were quite pricey and they were in POUNDS. So, I'll give it a break for today. The nice stuff are all up there in pictures. Well, some of them.
In the next few weeks, I might just do some pictorial step-by-step guide to making your own accesories because they're quite simple and it takes basic knowledge in stitching.
But I'll only do that if I do have the time to sit down and make jewelry. Which may not happen :S

Till next week! :D


For everything else, there is,

Westwood

No comments: