Wednesday, February 27, 2008

5 things to carry in your bag at all times

I'm taking Coco's place today because she forgot :)
She will post on Thursday instead. Just for this week, though.
This week, I'd like to post about MY essential 5 items that I make sure to ALWAYS have in my handbag. Besides your wallet and handphone(s), of course.
This 5 items are there in case of beauty emergencies :)

1. Facial Blotters
I'm not sure if anybody suffers my problem but I have really oily skin and to make sure that I don't end up looking like fried chicken, I always carry this around.
My preference is Clean & Clear. The blue ones. They really work though they're probably more expensive than most. It soaks up all excess shit and your face remains un-oily for a longer period of time.


2. Eyeliner
I'm always running from one place to another and sometimes I need to look slightly better than I did before. That's why I carry eyeliner. Just to line my eyes and make sure people know where they are :)
Carrying eyeliner would also help to freshen up your face if you're already wearing makeup.
I don't have any preference for eyeliner. For me, the darker and blacker it is, the better.


3. Lip gloss
Face it, it'll be quite sad if you've only got eyeliner on and no lippy. You can even wear lippy without eyeliner but I like to keep lippy and eyeliner very close together. Lippy just gives your lips the extra shine and makes it look plump-er (if you get what I mean). I'm lip stick sort of person but lip gloss is easy to carry around and apply.
Again, I have no preference with lippy. As long as it's a colour that matches my skin. Always make sure to buy a colour that matches your skin and not a colour that you like. Also, lip gloss comes out lighter than lip stick so don't get a red lip gloss and expect it to look like lip stick :)
(I like referring to both lip gloss and lip stick as lippy. Makes life so much easier. Seriously)

4. Tissues!
We live in Malaysia. The sun is constantly shining and even at night, sometimes, it's HOT. Walking 5 minutes on a normal day can make us sweat buckets. To avoid hair-sticking-to-face moments, carry tissues around, seriously. I've seen gorgeous girls walking around with hair sticking to their faces due to sweat and it's not attractive.
Use the thicker tissues to soak up the sweat cause the thinner ones tend to tear :S

5. Comb/Brush
(Did the person who invented the brush get a Nobel prize?)
Again, this, to me, is essential to freshen up. After a whole day of running around and whatnot, your hair would be messy and all over the place. You can freshen up the face to it's best but if your hair is sticking up and looking similar to Einsten, face facts, not attractive.
I carry a comb cause it's thinner than a brush and easier to keep in your bag.

And you don't even need a big bag to carry all these things~ A normal sized one would do!
Excuse me again for this really short post. I promise, I'll put up some clothes next week :)



For everything else, there is

Westwood

12 comments:

Fashionistas Anonymous said...

What a mirror? haha..

-Mischka-

Fashionistas Anonymous said...

hmm..

being a girl i think it's essential to keep panty liners and pads in ur bag :)

haha.u know why.

highly important.

Coco.

Fashionistas Anonymous said...

*what about a mirror* sorry missed out the word 'about' above.. haha

Fashionistas Anonymous said...

hahahahaha! Mirror?
Go to the toilet Mischka. I was limited to 5! So I just pointed out the important ones. Besides, have you ever seen me carry a mirror? I have to ask people for mirrors.

Coco, mine was 5 items to look good XD I thought of pads and panty liners but they don't go on your face so I scratched that out.

Westwood

Fashionistas Anonymous said...

u need a pad to look good.

when ur not confident,it shows :)
when u feel icky, u look icky.
there u go.

haha.

Coco

Fashionistas Anonymous said...

Somehow, liquid eyeliner and me don't go :S I tend to do a better job with the pencil hahaha!

My bag actually has way more than 5 items but I thought I'd give myself the challenge and narrow it down to 5... LOL!

Westwood

Jules said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fashionistas Anonymous said...

My 5 important items that i need to carry around would be:

1. Mirror (wat if the toilet's far away and you see a hot
guy near by and need to check ur face? lol..)
2. Eyeliner, is a must for me
3. Lipgloss
4. Tissues
5. Pads

-Mischka-

Fashionistas Anonymous said...

Mischy Baby... hot guy? *tsk*
I'm slightly speechless. All that trouble... what happened to being natural? ;)
(hahahahah)

Westwood

Fashionistas Anonymous said...

natural? wat u tokin bout? everyone still needs to touch up on make up once in a while.. by natural, i mean just a lil hint of lippy and eyeliner.. i'm not talkin bout goin all out on ur whole face everyday, haha.. u know i dun wear make up on my whole face often, lol..

-mishka-

Mei-Wah said...

love ur blog!

Fashionistas Anonymous said...

we love that you love it Mei Wah!

lol.

Coco