Thursday, February 28, 2008

It’s that time of the year..

The Oscar’s, Golden Globe’s, Academy Awards, etc.. It’s the time when celebrities dress up in gorgeous gown we only wish we could have.. Since it’s that time of the year, I thought I’d write about a few of my favorite red carpet looks from the Recent and Past award shows and who I think looked the best.

The not so typical black dress
We see a lot of typical black gowns worn on the red carpet.. I like these dresses cause they aren't plain and boring, and has something that makes it look different. I like how JLo’s dress kinda reminds me of an indian sari and Cate Blanchette dress has a hint of green. Although I have to say, the dress I love the most is..
Best Dress: Angelina Jolie in Versace (1st picture from right)
Angelina Jolie in black leather is just HOT! I never thought a black leather dress could ever work, but she pulled it off great!

Red Carpet? Red gowns.. duh!
Red never ceases to stand out from a crowd, Heidi Klum’s dramatic gown says it all. Red also looks very classy, as Nicole Kidman and Katherine Heigl does look in the color red.
Best Dress: Halle Berry in Elie Saab (2nd from right)
This was a though decision between Halle Berry and Keira Knightley.. But I absolutely LOVE Elie Saab! Haha.. Halle Berry won an Oscar that night. And I think she deserves every bit of it, wearing that dress, haha..
Pretty in White.
White can be boring sometimes, but adding pretty details to a dress can do so much. Beyonce looks elegant in her white Georgio Armani gown and I really like how Debra Messing’s dress (3rd from left) has a little flare at the bottom and the black detail on the dress, and that dress gives her a great silhouette.
Best Dress: Cameron Diaz in Valentino (2nd from left)
I don’t think many would agree with my decision, but I like it. I don’t think this dress would work that well on someone else. With her dark hair and, right accessories, right color of make up, she really pulled it off.
Au Naturale..
No one does Diva better than Beyonce and JLo, but I think they look stunning, toning it down in a more natural approach. I think natural is the best way to go. It gives you that ‘fresh’ look and doesn’t look like you’ve gone overboard. You don’t even need to accessorize much.
Best Dress: Halle Berry in Valentino (Top Row, 2nd picture from left)
If you guys have seen ‘Halle Berry Style Star’ on E! channel, the moment I saw this dress I just absolutely fell in love with it. Love the color, love the beading..
A Splash of Color!
Bright, striking colors may not work for everyone.. pick the right color that matches your skin tone the best. Some dresses may drown your skin color and make you look pale, some may just look weird.
Best Dress: This was a really tough decision for me, I think they all look great! =P
These celebrities definitely know how to do it best, so I give them all props on the gorgeous dresses. Congrats! Hahaha..
Let’s not forget ‘The Red Carpet Disasters!’
Where some look great.. Some look disastrous! From what I hear on tv, celebrities gets dresses from different designers sent their doorstep for free for them to choose to wear for these kinda events right? *jealous* I wonder.. is this really the best pick from the bunch? Hmm..?
Worst Dress: Bjork in ‘Swan Lake gone wrong’
Seriously?! *speechless*

And here are my 3 items that i found this week, according to my this month's theme
(forgot what it is? view 'collage', old post)

Cat's Whiskers (for address go to http://catswhiskersmalaysia.blogspot.com)
RM45
Black, white and green


Cat's Whiskers
RM49
Yellow and black

Forever 21, Pavilion
RM169

If you guys disagree with what I have chosen and have an opinion on your own favorite dress among those categories (above), do share it with us in the comment box below this post. As I myself wouldn't have seen all the red carpet looks out there, hehe =)



Simply,

Mischka

6 comments:

Fashionistas Anonymous said...

i will never understand bjork's dress.

everytime i look at it, i still get that same feeling of shock.

lol.

Coco

Fashionistas Anonymous said...

i get that feeling too, haha

-mischka-

eclecticube said...

Actually my all time fave dress from the oscars would be nicole kidman's teal blue gown(with the peacock feather) and of course, angelina jolie's leather dress. :)
I don't know why some critics did not like it though (nicole kidman's). I personally think the choice was great. :)
Btw, the clothes you bought are great. Since 2008 is the year for neon colours ;)

Fashionistas Anonymous said...

oh yeah.. i remember that nicole kidmn's dress.. i like it too, she always looks stunningly elegant.. i think that the critics didn't like the peacock feathers that she added her self, but i think it made the dress look nice =)

oh and i didn't buy those clothes, it's just ideas for you (readers) to look at or buy for urselfs.. hehe.. =)

-mischka-

charisow ♥ said...

haha i love your blog girls :)

you chiqas are awesome!

:D
xoxo

Fashionistas Anonymous said...

thanks charis! we love that you love it =) keep checkin daily for updates.. and do leave your comments and feedbacks =)

simply, mischka