Friday, March 21, 2008

My brain is on holiday too

Just like Mischka, I drew a complete blank this week :S
I had absolutely no idea what to write about and lets admit it, there's only so much to talk about the beach. As I mentioned on Monday, we may deviate from the theme for our posts but our findings will be according to the theme.
I thought I'd talk a little about a few of my fashion 'please DON'T do in a million years'. (That means stuff that gets under my skin). Just because I think I've never done this before. These are all based on things that I have seen on more than just one occasion.

1. Pink and blue as a match.
It just doesn't match!
Especially when your top is pink and we can all see your blue underwear because you're not wearing pants. (Yes, I saw a girl walk past me in a mall dressed like this)

2. Do not drench thyself in one colour.
That's a commandment.
Wearing a purple top, purple jeans, purple jacket, purple earrings, purple necklace and a purple bracelet does nothing to flatter. It does attract attention... of the wrong sort.

3. More than one sort of clip on hair.
Absolutely NOT! If you're walking out the door with five clips on your fringe and they're all of different colour and size, please walk back in and take them all of.
Clips with strawberries and teddy bears are for kids!
The Japanese may be doing it but we're Malaysian. People let the Japanese off because they're Japanese. People don't let us off because we're not Japanese.

4. White face, brown neck?
When buying foundation, be sure to always test it on your jawline to make sure it blends with your neck. Never buy foundation that's lighter than your real colour. If you want to be fairer, they have whitening creams for that. But I always say, be happy with your skin.

5. Strings are not for pants unless it's a drawstring.
One thing that manages to get on my nerves are pants with the strings hanging off them. What is their purpose? What's the function? If you aren't a mountain climber and you're not a boyscout in the making, having strings hanging off your pants is an absolute no-no.

6. Spiked hair of more than one foot.
Let's face it, unless you're a performing artist of sorts, spiked hair should be kept to a minimum. Walking around with hair spiked longer than my own hair unspiked is dangerous. Someone's eye could be gauged out thanks to your fashion mistake. If you do insist on walking out with hair like this, DO.NOT.NOD. Thanks.

I've got so many more but I'm running out of time. So much to do, so little time!
I'll sign off with some bikinis then :)
All these were found in August 8, The Curve. (August 8 is the name of the shop)
If my memory doesn't fail me, I remember them to be around RM68.
If you find the top looks weird, trust me, if you have boobs it wouldn't look weird.


Till next week, then! Pray that I have something to write about by then :)



For everything else, there is,

Westwood

1 comment:

Fashionistas Anonymous said...

4. White face, brown neck?
When buying foundation, be sure to always test it on your jawline to make sure it blends with your neck. Never buy foundation that's lighter than your real colour. If you want to be fairer, they have whitening creams for that. But I always say, be happy with your skin.

Hey there, Mischka here..
Just a lil tip about Westwood's point about the foudation for eveyone out there..
Cause I have seen people doing that as well, and I find it weirdly distracting as well when your face is either darker or lighter than your neck when you don't apply foundation properly.

Tips:

1. Make sure you buy foundation that matches as close as possible to your skin tone.

2. When applying foundation, do not only apply to your face but apply it right down to your neck too so it doesn't look so weird that your face is a different colour from your neck. (You may not notice it, but we do! lol)

Love,
Mischka
xoxo