Friday, February 29, 2008

Red carpet happenings

I think I need to start by apologizing for not sticking to the schedule.
Oops.
Thanks again to Westwood.

My topic for this week is “Fashion at the 80th Annual Academy Awards”
I have to say fashion at the Oscar’s this year was disappointing.
But I think the turn out is to blame.
Many of the A-list fashion icon’s did not show, so there wasn’t much to drool at.

Instead I’ve broken it down into 5 different categories;
1. Red- the “it” colour at this year’s Oscar
2. The must have accessory at the Oscar’s, a baby bump
3. Coco’s favourite Oscar looks this year
4. Coco’s ‘I crinkle my nose in digust’ Oscar looks this year.
5. Open for debate, the mixed reviews.

Red-hot.

1. Heidi Klum in Galliano
- One expression comes to mind, Va-Va-Voom. Heidi Klum can do no wrong.
2. Katherine Heigl in Escada
-Simple and classic.But with a colour that bold, it’s anything but boring.
3. Miley Cyrus in Valentino
- Miley might have given some weird looks on the red carpet, but that dress fits her well.

Baby got bump.
1. Cate Blanchett in Dries Van Noten
I wasn’t a fan of this, but I do love the shade of deep blue she’s in. And she does glow.
2. Jessica Alba in Marchesa
Jessica got some bad reviews for this gown, but I like it. It’s flows nicely.
3. Nicole Kidman in Balenciaga
This is one of Nicole Kidman’s most forgettable looks. The necklace is a tad bit much.

Thumbs up.
1. Anne Hathaway in Marchesa
It has a divine cut, and the rosettes on her shoulder are feminine yet sexy.
2. Keri Rusell in Nina Ricci
I love this pale gown against her skin tone. The hair and jewelry compliment it well.
3. Jennifer Garner in Oscar De La Renta
It’s fits her like a glove. Black dresses can be boring, but she gave hers ‘oomph’.

Thumbs down.
1. Daniel Day-Lewis and wife.
- the colours don’t match, the fabrics don’t match. It’s an eyesore.
2. Tilda Swinton in Alber Elbaz for Lanvin
–A missing ‘sleeve’, and eyelashes red like her hair? Someone buy her mascara.
3. Julie Christie in self designed cocktail dress with Louis vuitton spring 2008 gloves
-A cafeteria somewhere in the world is missing it’s lunch lady.

Up for debate.

These two celeb’s got mixed reviews about their outfits.
1. Cameron Diaz in Dior.
-I actually liked it. Pale pink and slight pleating. But it is missing some jewelry.
2. Marion Coutillard in Jean Paul Gaultier.
- She may look like a mermaid, but heck she’s definitely the most fashionable one.

Who was hot and not for you, though?
We love feedback :)



Less is more,

Coco

4 comments:

Fashionistas Anonymous said...

*mishcka's thoughts*

Cameron Diaz: the colour is sweet.. but plain and borin, nothing stands out for me.. i think we've seen her in better, more fun outfits..

Marion Coutillard: agree she was the most fashionable.. but i still think there's somthing off with dat dress, dunno wat though.. it's not so great, yet it's intriguing and eye-catching..


luv,
mischka
xox

Fashionistas Anonymous said...

My only problem with Marion Coutillard's dress were the details on the boob part. Somehow, I didn't quite like it.
But I did like the way she said Jean Paul Gaultier. With her accent and all, magnifique!

Westwood

eclecticube said...

Marion Coutillard reminded me of a lost mermaid in the sea. It just doesn't seem to outshine the others. On the contrary. I loved Cate Blanchett's look. :) There are very few actresses out there who look great in such a dress when heavily pregnant. (Of course, Halle Berry looks great even when she's pregnant too) Anne Hathaway's and Heidi Klum's dresses are my fave, especially Heidi Klum's. Very 50s (if Im not mistaken)
Oh yeah, Please do an article on MOD(the fashion style of the 60s ala Twiggy's era if you can. :))

Fashionistas Anonymous said...

i actually loved heidi's gown.but since i was putting my picture's in three's, i had to put her out.it was tough.but she is definitely my 4th favourite.

as for Cate Blanchett.i have to admit i do like her dress.and i love her turquoise jewelry.but just separately ,u know.not together.lol.

Marion Coutillard's dress does make her look like a mermaid.it's border lining on costume for me.she's definitely one glamorous mermaid though.i'll give her that.

Coco